Buffalo Artist Leroi C. Johnson One of Two Artists Representing USA at Terra Art International's "Art of The America's " on view October 24,25,26 in Ottawa during Canada's 150th Anniversary !
Celebrating Canada's 150th Anniversary!
Tuesday, October 24 @ 6.30pm.
VIII edition of latin American Art Exhibition of TERRA ART Terra Art & The Group of Latin American Ambassadors; have the pleasure to invite you to the Opening of Latín American Art 2017 titled “ART OF THE AMERICA” / intitulé “ART DES AMÉRIQUES ”
Terra Art is pleased to present its 8th consecutive Art Exhibition of Latin American, entitled "Art of the Americas" this year. The exhibition will be held October 22-26 in the Jean Piggott Ward of the City of Ottawa, 110 Laurier Ave. W. Ottawa.
This Exhibition will portray the soul and deep sentiments of North, Central and South America as well as the Caribbean through the artists' representations. We have compiled emerging and mid-career artists from most of the countries that will be participating this year.
Terra Art, a leader in artistic processes with more than 8 years of experience promoting different international artists, Terra Art brings together this year works by 34 painters and 1 Sculpture from 20 countries of the Americas, with the usual auspices of Latin American diplomatic missions and North American entities. The opening of the exhibition will be on October 24 at 6.30pm. until the 26, with schedules of gallery of 10am. At 8p.m.
This year, Terra Art adds to its program a concert with the “Colores Andinos” group, on Sunday, October 22 and a literary evening, on Thursday, 26.
Sunday 22 OCT. 3 p.m. - Andean Colors Concert
7 musicians from the Americas exploring Andean ethnic roots in harmony with elements of contemporary genres such as salsa, cumbia and Latin jazz. More than 20 instruments with original and other traditional songs arranged and interpreted from a unique perspective that emanates from musical training and long experience of its members, originally from Chile, Ecuador, El Salvador, Peru and Canada. A multicultural combination that only happens in Canada!
Tuesday 24 OCT. 6.30 p.m.- Inauguration of the exhibition
Terra Art presents 67 works by 34 painters, 1 sculpture from 20 countries of the Americas. A composition of emerging artists and others already enshrined in their respective countries, which testifies to recent innovations and plastic trends. The presentation will be by Lilia Faulkner.
Opening reception by invitation Only!
Thursday OCT. 26, 7 p.m.- Literary evening
Terra Art inaugurates this year a space for literary creation in Spanish. This evening will consist of reading works (poetry, stories, reflections) of Latin American authors, by local writers and other readers. Those interested in participating can contact Ramon Sepulveda @ email@example.com - until September 30th.
This year, the TERRA ART exhibition will spotlight a group of famous and acclaimed Canadian and US artists as well as others from the Americas whose works were invited directly from their countries thanks to the auspices of their respective Embassies in Canada: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, and Uruguay.
During the exhibition, TERRA ART will have the honour of publicly recognizing the effort and collaboration of three distinguished individuals for their unconditional support to Latin American Art:
- His Excellency, Julio Garmendia, (Ambassador of Cuba),
- Mrs. Deborah Ojeda (Minister of the Embassy of Cuba), and
- Ana Ramirez (Distinguished Curator of International and Latin American Art).
Following the presentations will be a reception where interaction with the artists who are present is encouraged.
• Canada: Master Rita Letendre, Shirley Van Dusen, Carlos Aranha & Ian Smith (sculpture),
• USA: Kay Griffith & Leroi C. Johnson
• Mexico: Hector Tovar & Dalia Mendoza,
• Argentina: Silvia Bompadre, Luis Marson & Lidia Panart,
• Bolivia: Gilkawara Liberman,
• Brazil: Marly Oliveira & Fabiola Bedin Lima,
• Chile: Lucy Kuwahara,
• Colombia: Edgar Francisko Jiménez & Gloria Palacio,
• Costa Rica: Lizeth Gonzales,
• Cuba: Michel Mirabal & Yoel Finalet,
• Dominican Republic: Chichi Reyes,
• Ecuador: Luis Millingali & Galo Chaves,
• El Salvador: Benjamin Cañas & Oscar De Las Flores,
• Guatemala: Marta Beatriz Cáceres,
• Honduras: Dennis Cerrato & Sergio Martinez,
• Nicaragua: Javier Valle Perez & Edgar Pasquier,
. Guatemala: Marta Beatriz Caceres,
• Paraguay: Hilda Valenzano,
. Peru: Joselito Sabogal & Jorge Arce,
• Uruguay: Daniel Tomasini,
• Venezuela: Lilian Bolivar.
"ART OF THE AMERICAS" 2017 is pleased to present Master Rita Letendre as the principal artist to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the Founding of Canada. Canadian abstract painter Master Rita Letendre is one of the most recognized living artists of her time. Her work has been widely exhibited, with her powerful paintings gracing numerous public spaces, galleries and private collections in Canada, the USA, Israel, France and Italy. The renowned ART GALLERY OF ONTARIO is presently exhibiting a comprehensive retrospective of her works of art called FIRE AND LIGHT until the end of October 2017.
Sponsors of this year:
- Star Motors of Ottawa Mercedes- Benz,
- BRIGIL by Susan Perez,
- Elements Luxury Tented Camp,
- Gallery Gevick - Toronto,
- Canadian Film Institute,
- Radio Barrio Latino Ottawa,
- Fettuccine’s restaurant, and
- Arts World One.