The Health Benefits of Eating Pumpkin Its Squash season and pumpkin is at the forefront of healthy foods to add to your diet. Here are 9 Benefits of this vibrant super squash.
1. Pumpkins are an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory food!
This means it helps with joint health, organ health, stress relief
and soft tissue injuries.
2. Pumpkins can help protect the eyes from cataracts and degeneration with their Vitamin A content.
3. The high levels of Vitamin C help the immune system and
encourages collagen production for the skin to maintain its
beautiful glow and elasticity.
4. Pumpkin is a great source of fiber to help wash out any toxins
and keep your body running smoothly.
5. Pumpkins hold enough carotids to give them their lovely
orange color and help prevent premature aging and cardiovascular
6. Pumpkin seeds are high in protein and plant based fatty
acids, which help regulate cholesterol levels, protect against arthritis,
promote healthy skin, and improve brain function.
7. The pulp and the seeds are rich in magnesium required for
bone and tooth health.
8. Pumpkin contains lots of potassium and zinc to prevent the
onset of cardiovascular disease and hypertension (high blood
pressure). Zinc is also great for the immune system, skin and
9. The fruit contains L tryptophan, a chemical compound that
triggers feelings of well being that aid depression in a smooth
and natural way.
source www.mindbodygreen.com to further expand your knowledge on squash types heres a good read with photos http://www.foodofy.com/how-to-identify-squash-different-squash-types-you-didnt-know-about.html